Patch Barracks is located in southern Germany in the city of Stuttgart. The sixth-largest city in Germany, Stuttgart lies at the center of a heavily populated area and is circled by a ring of smaller towns. Patch Barracks is proximal to Kelley Barracks, which houses USAFRICOM, and Panzer Kaserne, which houses USAG Stuttgart and MARFOREURAF. It is approximately a 3-hour drive away from Spangdahlem AB and a 3-hour drive from Clay Kaserne/USAG Wiesbaden.
Custom Driving Directions
Please note: These directions will take you close to the installation. Please follow the directions below from major highways to ensure accuracy.
Kurmarker Strasse 41, 70569 Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Germany
Please follow the directions below from major highways to ensure accuracy.
From the Frankfurt/Heidelberg Area
- Take the A5 (Autobahn) south towards Karlsruhe/Stuttgart
- Take A8 (at Karlsruhe) toward Stuttgart/Munchen/Pforzheim
- Follow the directions below to the Swabian Special Events Center
From Stuttgart/München/Pforzheim to Patch Barracks
- Once on the A8, take the second A81 exit, NOT the first. Follow the A81 sign that says: Singen/Boblingen/S-Zentrum/S-Vaihingen
- On the exit ramp, proceed straight and follow the signs for: S-Zentrum/S-Vaihingen. *Note: Do not follow the signs for Singen/Boblingen
- Once on the A8, take A831 towards S-Zentrum/S-Vaihingen
- Take the first exit for Stuttgart-Vaihingen
- At the end of the ramp, turn left on Hauptstraße/L1205 towards Patch Barracks/IBM/BMW
- Follow the signs to Patch Barracks (about 200 yards away from the end of the exit) in the town of Vaihingen (look for the Europcar Sales Rental lot as a landmark)
- Follow the directions below from the Main Gate to the Swabian Special Events Center
From the Main Gate to the Swabian Special Events Center
- The road splits into three directions, take a left
- Follow the road to the next corner and keep going straight up the hill
- At the top of the hill you will see a parking lot behind the Swabian Special Events Center
- Make a left just after the bus stop