DC DATACON: A focus on the applied tools, technologies, and methodologies that make data science work.
Join the Conversation! Data Community DC is proud to partner with George Washington University on Tuesday, October 3, 2017 to bring together nearly 1,000 stakeholders in the data community of the national capital region. Are you part of the Data Science Community in the Mid-Atlantic Region? Commercial, Government, Academia, Research, and Non-Profit—come gather with your community and be a part of charting the path ahead. Join us to participate in a robust agenda of highly relevant speakers and presenters.
DATACON is focusing on how everyone can get more involved in data science.
- Our deep learning presentation focuses on how an artist is using transform networks in Tensorflow to create original works of art
- Our data sculptures highlight how experiencing data can come in many forms
- Our investor panel gives insight to being an entrepreneur in data science, pitfalls and successes
- Each presentation covers a wide range of industries and our keynote speakers are local leaders with personal experience with data science as well as leadership
- DATACON is all about building relationships, about Living Data Science. Come help people start conversations with new colleagues and peers
DC DATACON seeks to inspire conversation as the Mid-Atlantic region lays the groundwork for the direction Data Science will take in years to come. At this inaugural DC DATACON, we aim to explore topics that focus on the things that we need to do to make sure our work as data scientists has a real, tangible impact including organization, design, and technology. We will drive conversations about getting data science out of the lab and into the enterprise so we can finally begin using data as a strategic asset.
Looking into our special concentration of public and private sector organizations, this region is ripe with qualified people to engage in the dialogue. Come participate in discussions focused on the impact data science has on industries including intelligent transportation, unmanned aerial systems, cybersecurity, public policy, defense, and intelligence.