Account Development Specialist
NCSI is looking for a motivated, positive and ambitious individual to join our sales team. The account development specialist focuses on prospecting and reactivating customer accounts. In this role, you are the first point of contact for a potential customer with a focus on developing long term business relationships with companies interested in our event’s networking and marketing benefits. If you are driven by success, ready to be challenged, and committed to building relationships, you may be a great candidate for us!
National Conference Services, Inc. (NCSI) located in Columbia, Maryland, caters to some of the largest defense and intelligence agencies in the government, and we take pride in being able to offer the best service from an incredible team of people. Our company culture and family environment draws some of the most highly motivated, competitive, and logistically organized people in the industry. With a great work/life balance, NCSI makes it possible to enjoy your job, travel, and make lifelong mentors and friends, all while offering the opportunity to have a direct impact on our small business. Want to learn more?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect and develop new business
- Reactivate and grow existing client base
- Reach out to potential clients and develop and maintain long term relationships over the phone
- Follow-up on inbound inquiries via phone and email
- Display a positive professional attitude and a high level of customer service to customers and teammates
- Make 50 outbound calls each day
- Facilitate events both locally and throughout the United States & Europe
- Accountable for meeting individual and team goals
- Utilize Event Management Database to record and track sales
- BS/BA degree
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Professional, highly motivated self starter that is skilled at networking and relationship building
- Attention to detail, execution and follow through
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Some travel is required which may include some weekends
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- US citizenship
NCSI offers a competitive salary and a complete benefits package. Please submit resume along with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.